Android DB reader?

The Tuniac forum.
Sigurd

Android DB reader?

Post by Sigurd »

Does anyone know an answer to this situation:

I love Tuniac and it is amazing on my PC. My PC is not present if I am shopping for CDs.

Q1 - Is there an Android app that could read and parse the Tuniac DB? I'd love to look up all the albums by an artist and see what I am missing.

Q2 - Failing that, how could I generate a text report of all the albums by all the artists that might work instead. I could look through a text file on my phone.

Sigurd
Brett
Site Admin

Re: Android DB reader?

Post by Brett »

DB is custom it is simple enough for an app to read once it knows Tuniacs DB format. Of course no app except Tuniac actually bothers.

So lets take option 2: you want a plugin to dump text things out of the DB. Eg Artists
It is a long weekend, maybe by the end of it such a plugin will exist :/
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

Have a test of Tuniac 160612 @ http://www.wasteofcash.com/Tuniac/

It adds "textOutput_plugin" which is a playlist export plugin.

To use:
1)Create a playlist of the files you want to include, eg the Media Library :)
2)Sort the playlist (eg left most unnamed column header). This plugin only does a basic check of the file before the current one to see if it is a different artist/album etc so wont work well with unsorted playlists.
3)Turn off shuffle. As playlist exporters export as the playlist would play which is the same problem as above.
4)Either right click the playlist on the left and Export Playlist or go to File -> Export Playlist.
5)Select "Save as type" as "Text Output Playlist Exporter (*.txt)"
6)Pick a location to write your new txt file.

Check the file has what you want.
Let me know.

PS Note the Numbered File Exporter Plugin copies each file you are exporting in to the new folder. Eg it would write second copies of all your music. It is likely never what you want!
Sigurd

Post by Sigurd »

Thank You. I'll try that.
Sigurd

Post by Sigurd »

Thanks again.
Gervasi

Post by Gervasi »

What about ios?
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

Gervasi wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:41 amWhat about ios?
Tuniac is a Windows application. It can run under Wine or similar Windows emulation.
In particular the Tuniac interface is all "Windows" but other sections of Tuniac code not related to the interface also use Windows API.

Substantial effort and rewrites would be required to make Tuniac cross platform.

However it would be easy enough for any application of any platform to read and write to Tuniac custom DB format. To date I know of no 3rd party application that attempts to read or write a Tuniac compatible DB.

You could use the text output plugin on a Windows environment to export your media library to a text format that would be even easier for an application (or even human) to read/write.
kenedy

Post by kenedy »

I also love Tuniac and its really amazing indeed.
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.