A couple comments

The Tuniac forum.
billgrimm

A couple comments

Post by billgrimm »

I like Tuniac and I use it all the time. I have a couple comments I'd like to share, however.

First, the search feature on this forum is useless. Its common word database is far too large. It did not allow me to search for the word "queue" on the forum, claiming it was too common a word. If I might make a suggestion: disable the common words filter. I'm not searching for "the" or "and" or something like that -- what I would expect to see in filtered out as common words.

Next, I do not understand the queue feature in Tuniac. What I thought it would allow me to do is queue up some playlists so I could randomize songs played from them. As it is, I can only queue songs within the current playlist. I see that's useful for setting up a specific order of playing songs, but I can also just drag the songs around to set up an order. It would be a lot more useful to be able to queue playlists. Is this something you might be able to add?

Thank you.
Brett
Site Admin

Re: A couple comments

Post by Brett »

Tony was always a "playlist" man as you sound to be.
I personally never use playlists and just put Tuniac on shuffle then queue in songs as I see fit or just pick an album and play it through.
If I remember correctly most of the queue stuff was written by Blair based on ideas myself and him were throwing back and fourth. This is why queues are based on slipping in a song or 2 or picking the next album without stopping the current song.
The idea of queues is to temp control a playlist on shuffle or to temp give a playlist a new start point.

Temporary alter an existing playlist.

I personally would never use the feature you are talking about and I am pretty much too lazy to add features I would not use myself. But Tuniac being open source you are more than welcome to change it any way you desire.

Alternatively you could do what you want by:
-Create numerous playlists in an order you like eg "Playlist 1", "Playlist 2", "Playlist 3"
-Create a new empty playlist eg "Playlist 4"
-Select Playlist 2 and Control+A(select all)
-Drag contents to Playlist 4
-Select Playlist 1 and Control+A, drag to Playlist 4
-Select Playlist 3, control+A, drag to playlist 4
Playlist 4 will now be in the order as it was added, Playlist 2, Playlist 1, Playlist 3

I'll check out the forum search and see what I can do.
Edit: common words should now be allowed :)
billgrimm

Re: A couple comments

Post by billgrimm »

Thanks, Brett. I appreciate your comments. That's pretty much what I end up doing. No big deal.

And thanks for fixing the search. Works great, now.