Site Admin

Tuniac 120722

Post by Brett »

Jul, 2012
---------
-update bass
-exposes Tuniac volume to plugins.
-exposes Tuniac build date to plugins
-change volume internally to int, because I am lazy this will likely reset your volume back to 100% :)
-add GetTuniacVisPluginVersion to support booting out incompatible visuals in the future
-return INVALID instead of NULL for invalid variable requests
-other minor internal things

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tuniac/ ... ac/120722/
Johnny

Re: Tuniac 120722

Post by Johnny »

This version & previous seem to die when trying to import my library (fresh install).

Any ideas?

EDIT: could having invalid window filenames cause this?
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

invalid window filename? as in the filenames are invalid in Windows?

If so, how and why do you have filenames that are invalid that you are trying to load in a Windows app on presumably Windows?

Can you add any files fine?
Best way to tackle these problems is to find offending files and get them to me.
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

You could also try deleting the Tuniac medialibrary and playlist databases.

They are in
%appdata%\Tuniac
aka
C:\Users\Brett\AppData\Roaming\Tuniac
Where Brett is your Windows username

Delete both:
TuniacMediaLibrary.dat
Playlists.dat
While Tuniac is closed.

Reopen Tuniac and try again :)
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

By invalid windows filenames I mean those containing invalid characters such as "? <> !", etc.
My music drive is shared between linux & windows and linux has much less restrictions on what can be in a filename.

Obviously if windows refuses to open a file with an invalid name then that can't be added to the media library, however it shouldn't crash :P

Currently I'm guesstimating I have about a dozen or so invalid filenames but thousands of valid ones and I can't add my entire collection without manually specify the valid ones :(
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

Why not fix the dozen badly name files?
Surely if you want to live in a multiple OS world you need to find common ground between them.

What I really want is for you to tell 100% it is those dozen files causing the crash. Maybe then I can look in to fixing it.
But im far more likely to point as user error and/or samba error for either allowing the files to show up like that to Windows ;)
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Now that I'm back in the land of linux, I will do that (fix the badly named ones).

I normally do but a few must have slipped by my radar.

From memory I tried loading just a single invalidly named file in tuniac and it crashed (so I'm pretty sure it's the problem).