play only selected song once

The Tuniac forum.
jjw

play only selected song once

Post by jjw »

I just downloaded the music player and it meets all my needs except for one. I need it to play only the selected song once and then stop playing. Is this program currently capable of this?
Thanks
Brett
Site Admin

Re: play only selected song once

Post by Brett »

You can do this several ways:
1:
Use the "Soft pause" feature. While the song is playing goto the Playback menu and select "Soft Pause". This will pause playback at the end of the song.
You can also get to this feature via the shortcut ctrl+shift+space or via command line with -softpause.

2:
Using the pause here. You can right click the next song that will play and select "Pause Here". It will cause playback to pause when the playlist reaches the start of that song. You can tell what the next songs will be in Shuffle mode via right clicking the "next" button to bring up the future menu(a list of upcoming songs).

3:
Create a new playlist with just that song. Create a new playlist with the "Add" button and drag and drop the song from the Media Library to it or right click the song in the Meda Library and select "To new playlist". Double click the song in the new playlist, Tuniac will only play files from within the active playlist. A playlist is "active" after you double click a song in it. If there is only one song and you have repeat modes off, it will play the one song and stop.

4:
Use the text filter at the top right of a playlist(including the Media Library playlist) to filter out all other songs, eg type the song name you want. Tuniac will only play "valid" songs from a playlist, eg what is visible. You can remove the text filter to allow Tuniac to pick other songs again. If your one song wasn't the current playing track Tuniac will be forced to select it next because all other songs are filtered out.

Other things that might be helpful:
Holding alt while selecting a song will cause it to be played next, multiple songs can be selected like this. This queue is the first priority to use. Cancel by selecting a song without holding alt. (while this works I just found a heap of bugs in this code, I'll fix it later today maybe :))
Right click a song and select "Play next" to add to the top or "queue" to add to the bottom of the "queue list". This queue is the second priority to use. Cancel by going to the Playback menu and selecting "clear queue".
jjw

Post by jjw »

Wow!
I am impressed with the quick response. I appreciate it.

I think I am going to try solution number 3. That should work for what I need.

I will say, and this might not be needed by the majority, but I have 135 different songs that I want to be able to play when asked for individually. It seems easier to me to search for the song, lets say under one playlist instead of 135 playlists. If there were one thing that would make this software perfect for me is to have an option to automatically soft pause after every song if so desired, or when a song is double clicked it would just play that song.

I must say though that this is the closest program I have found to suit my needs.
Thanks for the efforts of putting this together.

P.S. Please post it if that adjustment is ever made on this program.

Thanks again
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

I think we lucked the quick response just between timezones and when I woke up and logged onto my computer ;)

I'll likely add an option to always auto softpause in the coming hours/days/weeks or something, I'll let you know when its done.
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

Try 100503b @ http://www.wasteofcash.com/Tuniac/

The preference is called "Pause after each song" and is in the General section.
This build also fixes an issue with playselected and not building the futurelist correctly.
jjw

Post by jjw »

Perfect!