-update bass lib including adding OPUS decoding
-force clear text for rebuild ML

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tuniac/ ... ac/120826/
lynk

Re: Tuniac 120826

Post by lynk »

can't escape from fullscreen vis'

using rabbithole vis, rightclick > fullscreen [now stuck in fullscreen]
i think it has to do with the fullscreen window always on top. causing the context menu to appear behind the vis.
also it would be nice to escape using Esc.

take a look at this please.
thanks!
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

lynk,

You can try 120906 @ http://www.wasteofcash.com/Tuniac/

This adds escape on fullscreen; just do make sure the Window has focus by clicking on it or something.
This build also saves/loads the last used Tuniac window, eg source selector or visual.
lynk

Post by lynk »

Brett wrote:lynk,

You can try 120906 @ http://www.wasteofcash.com/Tuniac/

This adds escape on fullscreen; just do make sure the Window has focus by clicking on it or something.
This build also saves/loads the last used Tuniac window, eg source selector or visual.
ah great. thank you!

well it needs some tweaking but otherwise a pretty good media player. lightweight and pretty solid.
the popup toast showing next songs is genius!

i have some ideas for the next version:

-fullscreen needs some work, the context menu still doesn't show. layering issue?
-the toast popup window can be slightly bigger, more padding. (this is just a suggestion, not urgent)
-auto play file or playlist when instructed by windows. (e.g. "open with" window)
-playlist during visual window like this:

greets
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

The popup works on my machine, as attached.

What OS, video card and driver version do you have?

Also sometimes weird z order issues seem to go away if you restart your machine ;)
fullscreen.png
(496.31 KiB) Not downloaded yet
lynk

Post by lynk »

i'm currently on a laptop though. haven't tried it on my main machine yet. could be just me.

vidcard: radeon 5650 (mobility)
i have the catalyst 12.4 and afraid of updating because i have "switchable grafix" and last time i updated it screwed up all my shit :P
if i want to update to the latest version, i'll need to perform mumbo-jumbo black magic and with some luck it will "stick" :lol:

restarting doesn't remedy the problem.
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

Yea old laptop GPU's and their drivers are horrid, I had a Toshiba with an nVidia that ended up with a huge black section to the left of screen if I changed away from Toshiba shipped drivers.

But the thing is.. I'm heading towards 30 and I have all kinds of better things to do with my life than look at Tuniac code.
I would say its fairly unlikely I will get around to checking why it doesn't work because well it works for me :)

Your choices are:
1)Find me the answer to why it doesn't work on your computer and I might fix it
2)Find a solution at your end

I am very unlikely to put in more effort than you to sort out problems you face with Tuniac.
Eg if you put in 5 minutes effort, I will likely put in less than that :p

I will often fix pesky small things because I'm nice like that, but well most things will fit in the "doesn't bother me so I might go clean the house instead" category.
Tuniac is open source, you can fix/change things and share to others just as easy as me :)

ps
-toasts I like its size, why make it bigger?
-Tuniac register file associations is mostly broken, Windows makes it a pain to register these days and I dont even use the feature. Rewrite it or just add directory or drag and drop?
-Playlist in visual is semi cool, but vis art is kinda of the same, perhaps you just want to allow making it bigger? Tuniac is simple because we like it like that, don't over complicate things.
lynk

Post by lynk »

ah allright, sad to hear that you wont be putting much more effort into this.
but about making the modifications my self; i'm not a programmer and have not a clue how to go about doing all that... it seems like rocket science to me haha :geek: :lol: