Obfuscated Shortcut Keys

The Tuniac forum.
mcmonkeys1

Obfuscated Shortcut Keys

Post by mcmonkeys1 »

Hi, I've been using Tuniac for about a year now. It's a nice, handy, simple, fast starting player. Good work!

Here is an observation tho: What is with the weird shortcut keys? Surely using spacebar for play/pause is pretty standard across applications. winkey+numpad5 isn't too handy on a laptop either, usually that means holding 3 keys or having to shift in and out of modes. Also, no shortcut for volume control. Why the strange keyboard controls?

Cheers!
Brett
Site Admin

Re: Obfuscated Shortcut Keys

Post by Brett »

When Tuniac is focused
ctrl + spacebar is play/pause
ctrl + right arrow is next
ctrl + left arrow is prev

Globally
Winkey +numpad8 is up volume
Winkey +numpad2 is down volume

Another user has moaned about the global hotkey issue being based on the numpad for laptops also. I said I would put editing hotkeys onto my list if I ever got bored, so far I still havent got around to it.
When you have a numpad on a full keybaord I actually find Tuniacs shortcuts very logical and easy. Personally I use Tuniac via mouse buttons linked to command line functions. You can also use keyboard multimedia keys also.
I tried to not hit keybaord shortcuts other applications might have, the winkey+numpad has proven to be very unique and not bothered other programs yet :)
Harteex

Post by Harteex »

Winkey + numpad works great I think, I use them all the time.
For the volume, it's increasing and decreasing the volume very slow when you hold 2/8. Maybe double the speed?

While we're talking keys, when browsing through the media library or a playlist with the arrow keys, it would be nice to be able to press enter to play the selected song. You can already press enter to select a playlist when browsing those with the arrow keys.
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

Try 110722 from
http://www.wasteofcash.com/Tuniac/

it doubles the volume change speed.
Harteex

Post by Harteex »

Much better :)
Only thing I noticed that I didn't think of before is that there seems to be a small delay before a volume change takes effect.

How about:
Harteex wrote:it would be nice to be able to press enter to play the selected song
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

Tuniac applies the audio changes to the audio data as it goes through its audio engine.
The delay is the amount of data it has buffered, eg under settings there is a audio buffer length. That is the length of the delay.
This allows you to adjust the volume in Tuniac without effecting any other apps, a carry over feature from Windows 98 through XP days when Windows didnt have per app volume control.

Quirk of the system.

If you reduce the buffer length the delay will get smaller.

I'll add that enter later :)
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

110723 @ http://www.wasteofcash.com/Tuniac/
-enter to select files in playlists.
Harteex

Post by Harteex »

Ok. I suspected it had to do with the buffer size, but I wasn't sure since Sonique always had its volume apply directly. But I noticed now that Sonique's volume also affects other programs.

Thanks a lot for the enter key functionality!
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Brett wrote:You can also use keyboard multimedia keys also.
Sorry for the necromancy but is there anything you need to do to get that working?
Doesn't seem to work out of the box on my keyboard (logitech k320).

(once again, you're not on MSN :P)
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

Window needs focus, I'll look again why it doesnt work without focus.