A few things regarding plugins / popup notify

The Tuniac forum.
Harteex

A few things regarding plugins / popup notify

Post by Harteex »

I started using hot keys recently to control Tuniac (winkey + 5 etc).
And I thought it would be nice to see what songs you're going to while using next / prev, so I turned on the Popup Notify plugin.
But I don't really want to see it all the time, when one song ends and it goes on to the next.

I would love an option in the Popup Notify plugin where you could tell it to just appear when using hotkeys to change song, that would be great.
I tried to press Configure on the plugin, but nothing happens. That's strange, because for all the other plugins the button is grayed out.

Also, about the plugins, it would nice if you could use the About dialog without having to activate them. Can't tuniac load the plugin in the background, show the about dialog and then unload it (without setting it as active / in use) ?
Brett
Site Admin

Re: A few things regarding plugins / popup notify

Post by Brett »

Configure on the popup notify plugin toggles if it will show popups while there is a fullscreen app up. Eg visuals or a game etc.

I was too lazy to draw and code the UI itself so its just an invisible toggle.

Tuniac tells plugins if the song change was manually caused by the user or not, popup notify just triggers regardless at the moment. Perhaps the option would be not for hotkeys as such but due to manual song changes. It doesnt make sense to show it when you double clicked a song in the playlist but it does for hotkeys and for command line caused actions etc.

Or should I create the notification that the song change was caused by a hotkey or by command line :p
Harteex

Post by Harteex »

I would prefer if it would just show for hotkeys and command line. As you say it doesn't really make sense to show it when you doubleclick a song.
Maybe also for when you click next etc from the tray icon menu.

About the configure toggle thing, is that even documented anywhere? :P
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

Like most things its documented in the deepest darkest corners of my mind.

Ok so I'll create this notifications for plugins that is a "manual blind song change". Eg not playlist assisted.
The grey area, are the UI previous and next buttons just a manual song change or a blind manual song change? Noting the playlist view may not be at the current song, or shuffle may be enabled.

Eg is this manual blind related to if any UI was used, or if the playlist was used?
Harteex

Post by Harteex »

Clicking next / prev in the GUI should not show the popup imo. Since you have the GUI open, you'll instantly see the current song anyway (above the song progress bar).
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

Try the popup configuration window in 101026
http://www.wasteofcash.com/Tuniac/

"User interaction without main UI" I believe is what you are after.
Harteex

Post by Harteex »

Awesome, "User interaction without main UI" is indeed what I'm after.

The GUI seems to have a few problems though, maybe it's only like this on WinXP?
It's impossible to move the window and the standard Windows close button doesn't work (you can't press it at all).

Also, when pressing configure with the plugin inactive, it asks if it should activate it. Even if you press yes, it won't (this works for the about button).

EDIT: Another minor issue. The popup notifier popups on application start.
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

Yea doesnt look like that on my Windows 7 boxes. I'll try to sort it out.
It can move it on WIndows 7.
Close button is because I forgot to code it in :p (same on svp prefs). Fixed.
Configure not enabling was IDOK versus IDYES. Fixed.
Popup on start is because Tuniac sends the "PLUGINNOTIFY_SONGCHANGE_MANUALBLIND" message to plugins on start. I thought that it was the most appropriate as well a song change occurred without the main UI. Your thoughts?
Harteex

Post by Harteex »

Well when you start Tuniac, you don't really change song at all.
Or does it make sense to send a song change message to the other plugins for some kind of initialization or anything?
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

well think of mirc spammer, now playing txt and msn info.. All basically use it to start.

Maybe I need to add a "PLUGINNOTIFY_SONGCHANGE_INIT" which happens at start up. Then perhaps the popup plugin could ignore.. But I launch Tuniac through command line basically all the time and knowing what song start is often handy.