x64 version is unusable?

The Tuniac forum.
xandry

x64 version is unusable?

Post by xandry »

I downloaded a x64 version (http://sourceforge.net/projects/tuniac/ ... e/download), installed it, but when i run Tuniac i'll getting "F:\Program Files\Tuniac\TuniacApp.exe is not a valid Win32 application."
Did you tested the player on x64 windows versions?

Additional details: Windows XP x64 with all updates. I tried to reinstall the player twice, but the same result. The installation file is not damaged - I checked.
darthvenom

Re: x64 version is unusable?

Post by darthvenom »

Not sure. I've been using it on a x67 win 7 laptop for a while, no "real" issues, but the program is buggy. Try running it in different compatibility modes.
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

xandry:
Tuniac does not support Windows XP x64 and never will. For Windows XP you must be using Windows XP SP3 and run the 32bit version of Tuniac.
Tuniac supports Windows Vista/7/8/8.1 32+64bit.

Preferably Windows XP SP3 32bit is really not supported but should work.

Windows XP x64 came in 3 confused versions. 2 which were discontinued in 2005 and nothing like the x64 we refer to now. The remaining version was just so rare no one cares about it.
You should put your machine in the tech graveyard next to Betamax, Laserdisc and HD-DVD machines.

darthvenom:
I do not agree that the program is buggy, you should not need to run with any compatibility settings. What issue do you have?
xandry

Post by xandry »

Thanks for answer. No more questions. I will try tuniac a few months later after upgrade to the Windows Vista x64.