folding up an Album so that its tracks are not shown

The Tuniac forum.
perdix

folding up an Album so that its tracks are not shown

Post by perdix »

A feature Request:

Please can we have some method of folding up the Albums, such that the the tracks with the album are not visible unless we expand the album to show the tracks inside it.

Or am I missing something and it can do this already?
Brett
Site Admin

Re: folding up an Album so that its tracks are not shown

Post by Brett »

cant be done currently.. I cant say its really on my list of soon to come features either.. Any other ideas? :p
jacoby

Post by jacoby »

Maybe there could be an option on a playlist to hide the tracks in the media library.

This would be good for audiobooks for example. You could add them to a playlist and hide them in the ML so that if you were just listening to the music in the ML on shuffle, you wouldn't get audiobooks popping up.
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

You can filter out things with the filter box with "reverse filter" enabled.

eg.
set audiobooks to have a common field like genre or comment such as "audiobook"
set text filter to reverse and then in the filter add "audiobook"
optionally you could then control+a to select all and export that playlist which excludes the audiobooks.

The main problem with hiding entries and only showing albums and such is that there is zero code relating to things like that.
Tuniac already has loads of things happening in the background in its playlist/medialibrary system, complicating it further isnt something I want to do.

Plus I am lazy and these are large changes. Tuniac has a way where large changes get started but never get finished and therefore have never been rolled into the main trunk of Tuniac. I can think of things like rewrites, sqlite, std::string over wchar etc

Always feel welcome to write this stuff yourself :p