Tiny Tiny Suggestion

The Tuniac forum.
Sigurd

Tiny Tiny Suggestion

Post by Sigurd »

When I install I always put a shortcut to the data files in the program files directory and then I move the uninstall shortcut to a subdirectory called 'uninstall'.

That means that I can blow away the database and return to the main directory with the back arrow.

More importantly, it stops me from fumbling with the wrong shortcut and starting an uninstall.

Bo
Brett
Site Admin

Re: Tiny Tiny Suggestion

Post by Brett »

So what do you want? :)

A way to delete the DB from inside Tuniac or a shortcut to delete the DB?

Why are you deleting the db btw, is that due to a bug?

PS. sorry for the late reply I have been away for a week.
Sigurd

Post by Sigurd »

No worries.

This isn't even a change to the program but the smallest suggestion for the installation.

I have never had to blow away the database for the program's benefit. Only when I clean up\move around a lot of files. I rebuild because it works so well! Thank you.

My suggestion is that the install include a shortcut to the database directory in the program files Tuniac directory. Also, hide the uninstall shortcut one level down in a sub-directory by itself. I, personally, think that works better, that's all. I recognize that others might have different ideas - it is a passing thought.

Bo
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

Shortcut seems reasonable I might added that in a few days.
Can you explain the reasons for moving the uninstaller more?
Sigurd

Post by Sigurd »

You're only creating a delay.

Put the uninstall shortcut in a subdirectory called "uninstall". On the presumably rare, occasions the user wants to uninstall the program they have a second obvious step to take. Before I did this, I clicked on the uninstaller by mistake. They have the same icon and are in the same place.

This way if they press the wrong thing they only go back to the parent directory and don't have to halt the uninstall. If they want to uninstall, they simply click again.

I've only ever had to run the uninstaller once but I click on the shortcut quite a bit.
Brett
Site Admin

Post by Brett »

Does 151103 do what you want with uninstaller and shortcuts to the data folder?

http://wasteofcash.com/Tuniac/
Sigurd

Post by Sigurd »

Exactly!

Thank you. Its a setup change that I could do myself. I hope people find it makes sense.